Saturday, January 4, 2014

As of January 2nd, we are now in Seoul, Korea! It's fairly cold here, even compared to China. Of course, these mild Asian temperatures are no match for us hard-core Minnesotan eskimos. We are still getting a feel for the place, and I have yet to really explore the city. One thing I do love about Korea so far is the food. We're staying at a Korean University, and were welcomed to the campus with an unbelievable dinner with some Korean students.
      Korea is the last country on the itinerary, and it really blows my mind to think about the fact that this journey is almost over. I've always thought that time goes a lot slower when you're up, moving, and doing things, and yet this multi-month trip has felt like just weeks. I have mixed feelings about returning, because I miss people very much from Northfield. I also, as you might imagine, enjoy traveling the world quite a bit.
      Anyway, we are staying in a suite in the SK Global house on the University campus. Online classes and homeschooling continues, but I'm about four hundred billion times more excited about the classes that I'll get to attend with the St. Olaf students; North Korean/South Korean relations, Korean language, and Tae Kwon Do. We'll also visit the DMZ, or Demilitarized zone. It is the border between South and North Korea, and pretty much the most militarized area on earth, so I find it's name really ironic. I'm very excited for this as well! Even though the trip is coming to an end relatively soon, we still have quite a bit to look forward to.

--Christoph Hodel 

No comments:

Post a Comment